Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm No Damsel In Distress




            When did it all become about boys? I guess since cavemen times when the women’s only job was to get a good man to support her.  Since then I don’t know if a lot has changed.

            I was out to lunch with my two friends and the entire time they talked about their boyfriends. How they were going to go to the gym together, how far they’ve gone, what their favorite color was and so on. I barely said a word. You know why because I’m single. My friends didn’t ask me about anything any writing I’ve been doing or how my life is. It seemed the meeting was assigned to only talk about guys especially their guys.  

            Why can’t people just enjoy each other and ask about their lives not including men. Come on were in our early 20’s and you act like having a guy is the center of your world. I feel bad for the women who only want a guy in their life nothing else. What about education, friends, having fun and all of the other amazing things that life has to offer. But you can only think that you’ll be happy once you have a boyfriend.

            Let me tell you girlfriend that you can’t rely on a person for your happiness because if they disappoint you will be devastated. Putting all your happiness into one person is a big problem. I want women to have aspirations more than having a boyfriend because there is so much to accomplish in the world. Life’s purpose is to live and not to wait in the tower till the prince saves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment