Friday, March 14, 2014

CMA 2014 Conference

These past three days I had the opportunity to go to the CMA conference which stands for College Media Association. It offers workshops and speakers to students across the U.S who are interested in being apart of the media industry when they graduate.

Wednesday we got to New York City early and had the whole day to explore. No city will ever compare to New York, there is just this energy that pulses through the streets that brings you along with it. Called "the city that never sleeps" there is something always going on and interesting people to look at as well. Me and my three friends who all came for the conference got to be on VH1 just by walking by at the right moment. My teacher even got to meet Chris Rock at MoMa.

Even though it's great being on TV or meeting a celebrity the real reason I got to skip three days of midterms was for the conference. The conference was such an amazing eye opening experience for me because it showed how many opportunities there truly are. I got to talk to Bonnie Fuller, who was Editor in Chief for Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Marie Claire, and many more magazines. It's crazy how much these people have accomplished. Listening to these professional media correspondents it makes you feel inspired and it's that extra push that tells you to just keep going you can make your dreams come true.

Isn't that all we truly want? It doesn't matter if you want to work in the media, be a teacher, personal trainer, or even be a parent everyone wants their innermost dreams to come true. I know it may sound cheesy but anything is possible. It's going to be hard, your going to want to give up at times but you have to stick it out because with enough passion you can't fail.

I'm so grateful I was able to attend this conference because although I'm scared as hell for the future and I don't know exactly what I want to do this has given me the push to keep moving forward.

Never Ever Give Up...

No comments:

Post a Comment