Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's Going Down I'm Yelling Tinder!


            So it’s spring break and while everyone else is Girls Gone Wild I’m sitting on my couch doing nothing. Typical. Whenever I come home I basically become a hermit only going to the gym and talking to myself saying  I never want to come home again.
            Although I’m 21 I never know what to do when I’m home because I don’t know the places that are “good” to go to. My high school friends don’t really help in this, trying to making plans is basically back and forth texting saying “what should we do” then “I don’t care I’ll do anything.” In my fantasies I picture myself going out to a really fun bar but the reality is me putting Let It Go on repeat while I eat the entire continents in my fridge.
            Yesterday I made the executive decision to join Tinder. If you haven’t heard of Tinder yet it’s a dating app that let’s you swipe if you like or dislike someone. When two people swipe like then you become a match and you can start messaging each other if you want.
            At first I was like Woooo this is fun while I was swiping through the pictures. I was mostly swiping dislike because all of the people were a little too old for my dating liking. Eventually I got three matches but then doom sent in, how do I start conversation. Already deemed “The Worst Texter” by all my friends I was at a loss on how to start and keep a conversation especially since we have never met before. I guess that’s the beauty of it getting to reinvent yourself to a stranger for a while. It also makes you look closely at yourself. How are people seeing you by five pictures? They don’t know anything about you but make an assumption about who you are by what you look like.
            Tinder is kind of like real life, you meet people everyday but we always know the people that appeal to us in a crowd after a few seconds. You don’t get involved with people your not interested in and vice versa. It’s crazy to say that it’s all about attractiveness in the beginning with personalities coming in second.
           


What if were swiping past the great guys because were to busy paying attention to what they look like on the outside? 

No comments:

Post a Comment