Saturday, March 1, 2014

Quarter Life Crisis


            What am I doing with my life is a question I ask myself on a daily basis. As I was sitting with my advisor this week he asked me what I wanted to do when I graduated. Even though I’m only a junior and I have one more year to make the crucial decision I drew a blank. Who ever thought this huge responsibility should be thrust upon everyone’s shoulders when there still trying to figure out themselves should be smacked in the face.

            I’m just 21 years old and I feel like I should have a set plan for the rest of my life. Everyone seems to be moving forward but my actions feel more like one small step forward then getting pushed two big steps back. 
           
            There is this one girl who goes to my school and she recently went to New York Fashion Week. She actually got the opportunity to see Rebecca Taylor’s fashion show and interview an E! News correspondent. I decided to look on her blog and I discovered she also went to Tokyo last month. Seriously Tokyo?!? I felt like I was watching an episode of Gossip Girl because it felt so surreal but no it was real life. 

            I guess in this generation it’s so easy to look at someone your age or even younger and compare yourself to what their doing and how far they have come. What ends up happening is that you feel bad for everything that hasn’t been accomplished or what didn’t work out. It's safe to say that I'm scared of what the future holds because I want to make it a good one but I would regret if I didn't obtain my goals and dreams.

            Why is it that we take for granted everything we have achieved in life and only see the empty promises of what we think we should’ve have done by now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment