Sunday, December 22, 2013

Social Media: Does It Do More Harm Than Good?

 I use social media on a daily basis or more honestly on a hourly basis. Every weekend I wake up have my coffee and read all of my feeds on each social media account. When I'm bored I keep clicking refresh to try to fulfill my boredom. When I'm hanging out with friends it's not a real hangout until someone documents it with pictures on Instagram or Snapchat photos.

Although I absolutely love social media and the ways it has let people connect with each other I sometimes wish it was never created. Social media has that ability to let people but their best foot forward and show the world how great their life is. But I think this can also be problematic because people can become depressed from seeing all your highlights without seeing the struggles.

I can say that when I see people doing amazing things I wonder why my life isn't like there's and that feeling is upsetting. Social media has changed how people interact with each other at least in my friend group. When were all hanging out someone is always on their phones and even though they are probably tweeting something funny that someone said why do you have to post it? No one really cares about that. I came to hangout with you not have to converse through Twitter to actually have fun.

Why do people post selfie's everyday? I usually ask myself this question while I am scrolling through my Instagram photo's seeing the Selfie Queen. The Selfie Queen Instagram's a picture of herself more than once a week and she does the same face in every picture. The caption for her pictures are quotes and phrases like natural lighting.

I take a selfie when I'm feeling extra pretty but when it keeps getting repetitive it gets boring. Come on Selfie Queen give us something new something unexpected like a funny face.

I love social media like Twitter and Instagram and I don't know what I would do without it but maybe if we all stopped trying to impress people with our lives we should actually go out and live it for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment