Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Why Tattoo's Make Me Nervous

Last night I went with my best friend to get her second tattoo. Although I love tattoo's on some people like celebrities Adam Levine and Angelina Jolie but when my friends tell me they want a tattoo I just get really nervous.

It doesn't help that I have no clue what to call where you get your tattoo done is it a tattoo salon, tattoo parlor to make it sound welcoming? I end saying the tattoo place it kind of has a nice ring to it.

Here is why getting Tattoo's make me nervous.

1. They are permanent. I know you may be saying I know this already but I'm serious they never come off unless you get them removed and I heard that process can be quite painful. So one day when you don't want your little butterfly or chinese writing on your body anymore it's not going to magically vanish overnight.

2. The tattoo places that I see don't look very friendly I rarely see people going in and out. Some of the buildings resemble where the location of my next nightmare is going to take place.

3. There were also skulls everywhere. Who knows if any were real. Honestly, I don't want to know. I felt that anytime I was scoping the place out they were staring at me. Also the pictures weren't hung straight so my inner OCD had to be silenced with wanting to fix them.

4. You can get infected. If this tattoo place is sanitary they could be giving you dirty needles which can lead to your tattoo getting infected which is pretty scary.

5. While I was waiting for my friend to get her tattoo done I was imagining if the artist really wanted to she could stab me with one of the needles. I don't know if it would cause any damage but it would definitely be a traumatizing experience. That's why I think it's important that people go to people they trust to ink them up so that doesn't happen.

6. At the parlor it had a sign that said "give your loved ones a gift that lasts forever" featuring a gift card  for the parlor. This made me the most nervous because what if you gave someone a gift card who didn't want a tattoo then they would be pressured to getting one because it's the gift that lasts forever. A lot of other things last forever too like love and friendship did anyone forget that?

7. Did I mention that they last forever? FOREVER. Yes you heard that right.

My friend's tattoo came out great and she was happy because it was exactly what she wanted. Even though tattoo's may not be for me I understand why they are so popular. If your going to get a tattoo make sure the place cleans it's needles and that the person who is doing your tattoo can see.

Happy Inking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment