Monday, December 30, 2013

Welcome To The New Year

New year new you. That's what is on everyone's mind as the new year approaches. Even though people make fun of resolutions I love the idea that you can throw away the past and put your best foot forward into the new year.

 I always enjoy thinking about my life when it comes close to the ball dropping and saying to myself "so much has changed this year." I believe it really has changed some points for the better others for the worst but everything that has happened has taught me something. This year I'm hoping to make it better than the year before here is my list:


  • Don't expect too much from people- I have this big problem that I have standards that I want the people in my life to meet and the majority of the time they don't meet it. Whether if it's my best friend not being there for me ever or my pickiness of guys I have to be able to accept people they way they are. With high expectations your never going to win it's as simple as that.




  • Use money for experiences- I realized that I would rather use the money I earn for memories than have it waste away in a bank. I am dying to travel the world. I don't know when I am going to do it but I will. Yes I know that saving is important but it's better to travel go to concerts before we really have responsibilities. My friend is studying abroad in Germany and I'm trying to save my Christmas money to be able to visit her while she's there.

  • Over think less- I think too much that my thoughts literally keep me up at night. Sometimes I think I'm crazy because when I go to a place I think about scenario's that can happen and what would I do. Even during conversations I think too much into what people are saying and I basically over think even the simplest texts. 

  • Just Do It- Any opportunity I want to just do it. Even if it ends up being awful or boring at least I tried. In the new year I want to have no regrets just crazy stories on some things that might have not worked out the way I wanted.

  • Be more open to new things- I want to be more open this year to change. Normally I get nervous when things change because I want to go back to how it used to be but life is always changing. So I might as well stop fighting the waves of change and learn to just ride it out



Although I have these changes that I would like to make you don't need a new year to decide to become a new you. The opportunity to change yourself and you life for the better is within your reach every. single. day and I'm going to use 2014 to become an even better version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment