Friday, January 3, 2014

Why I Love Being Snowed In

It's that time of year where the snow magically accumulates over night leaving kids with snow days and no work for their parents. Although being snowed in means you can't go anywhere because the roads are too slippery it is an excuse to do whatever you want.

This can sometimes mean doing absolutely nothing all. day. long.

1. Movie and TV Shows All Day: 
I use these days to lay in bed as much as possible watching shows that I need to catch up on and this time I will be watching one of my favorite series One Tree Hill. I'm only on season two out of seven seasons. But that's the beauty of today I can procrastinate all I want because there isn't much to do. I realized this is why Netflix was created.

2. Shoveling: Except when my mom tells me I have to go shovel outside. I have a love/hate relationship with shoveling since I have gotten older. I whine minutes before going outside about how cold it's going to be but once I get out there I love the peacefulness of the snow and how I can tune everyone out to just think.

3. Hot Chocolate: After I get done shoveling my mom makes me a delicious cup of Ghirardelli hot chocolate with whipped cream and shards of dark chocolate chips in it. Having it reminds me of being a little kid.

4. Going Outside: If your feeling really adventurous you can go play outside and bring out your inner kid. Playing in the snow when your older can be just as fun or even more fun when your older.

5. Eating: Today is an excuse to eat whatever you want. Screw New Year diets and eat whatever today you deserve it. I love making cookies but in my case basically means eating half of the cookie dough before it even goes in the oven.

6. Read A Book: If your a person who says they don't have to read this is the day to do so. I love getting warped into a book forgetting about the real world for a little while.

7. Bed: Today my bed has arms and it never wants to let me leave and I am totally okay with that. Snuggling up in all of blankets just relaxing with not a care in the world.

Have a happy lay in bed and watch Netflix day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment