Friday, January 24, 2014

Push Past It

I love awkward moments like when you don't know anyone in your classes or your alone at the bar because it forces you to push past your boundaries. This makes you realize that you are capable of so much more then you give yourself credit for.

As much I love being with my friends I secretly like being on my own. From being thrust into certain situations I have more confidence in myself because I just go for things that I wouldn't have in the security blanket of my friends. So instead of waiting for that cute guy to come up to you at a party go up to him or if you want to talk to the person next to you in Chem just do it. You don't need your friends or anyone else to do what you want.

Some people need reassurance to do things and that is alright but not all the time because if you always rely more on others than yourself you will be disappointed a lot. Were not five years old needing training wheels, we have to act like adults and live our life accordingly.

I'm not going to lie sometimes my tactics don't work and I look like an idoit. But that's okay at least I tried that is more then other people do. When a risk pays off it is the greatest feeling and that open you up to try even more. It's like a domino affect that never ends. As Eleanor Roosevelt said "You must do the things you think you cannot do" 

No comments:

Post a Comment