Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why I Will Always Love One Tree Hill

1. Chad Michael Murray- 

This show started my love for the actor Chad Michael Murray. When I was younger I would cut out magazine pictures of him and put it all over my walls in my room. When I would watch the show Lucas just seemed like the perfect guy that any girl would want to date. He ends up getting with a lot of the girls on the show and I would rather eat soap then share him with other girls so Luke would be mine only.

Lucas also loved reading which made me adore him even more when he would say famous quotes that really made you think. I would never get tired if Lucas would read me some poetry every night while he would be scoring for the Ravens.

I will never understand why Brooke denied having the chance to be with Lucas exclusively in season three but chooses Chris Keller the singer instead. How stupid can you get B-Davis. (P.S I still love you Brooke)  Lucas is the perfect guy because of his heart and although some may say he is a player I believe that he just wants a deep connection. Also I don't trust anyone who can genuinely resist when Chad gives one of his smirk smiles or one of his brooding looks that he has mastered.

2. I do love Nathan and Jake too but I have a weakness for Lucas



3. The Drama- I swear this show can be so tragic at times but I'm not going to lie I love the anticipation of all the juicy secrets and drama that unfolds. Each episode people's crushes get switched, people break up, or reunite you never know what is going to happen next.

I swear not one person's life is stable at all times.

I also thought that it's strange that most of the characters have troubled family life. Lucas' dad left him, Peyton's mom died and her father is always away, Brooke's parents are never around, Nathan's dad is a evil person, and Haley's parents left after she got married.

4. Friendships- The relationships between Brooke and Peyton is something girls can relate to in their lives. Sometimes in life friendships gets tested by liking the same guys or other life events. Even though Peyton and Brooke both liked Lucas they realized that their friendship was more important then being with Lucas no matter how hot he is.

The friendships on this series is real nothing is always easy especially when your in high school people get tested in all different ways. It's not like the shows on these days that don't show the ugly sides to woman's friendships. I loved I had something to relate to when I had a problem this show literally covered ever problem from almost being raped, taking drugs, getting married, family and friend problems, and relationships issues as well.




5. Sports- 




Everyone loves sports and Tree Hill's love for basketball gave all viewers something to enjoy. I'm not going to lie while I have been watching the show I've have had this urge to go play basketball. Even though I am terrible and there's snow on the ground there's something about watching the game that makes you want to play too.

Plus one of the best characters is Coach Whitey with his wise words and tough love on and off the field. I love the way Whitey always stands up to Dan and gives Lucas a chance at playing for the Ravens which changes his life. He helps his players and students grow into the people they were meant to be with his guidance. Coach Whitey also shows us that although the people we love might be gone they are never forgotten like his deceased wife Camilla.

 One of my favorite quotes that Coach Whitey says is " There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you're afraid of because when you put a face on it you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it."

6. Lessons- I think the writers wanted a message for every episode Mouth said in one episode "We all have regrets Peyton but some of us still have enough time to erase them" I just love that quote because we may not be able to change our past we can still change the future.
7. I Don't Wanna Be By Gavin DeGraw- If you don't know the lyrics to this song as a One Tree Hill fan something has to be wrong with you. During my middle school days this song was like my anthem and even when I hear it now I can't help but belt out the words that can relate to any person. As we get older we change and we want to be what we are now NOT what we were in the past or have to worry about our future self we want to live in the now.


No comments:

Post a Comment