Thursday, January 9, 2014

We Used To Be Best Friends

You never think it's going to happen until it does. It must have gotten bad if you finally realize that you and your best friend have grown apart.

Maybe it hit when of your "best friend" mentions in a conversation that she's been dating someone for more than a week and never thought to tell you about it. Or when they don't assume that were hanging out on the weekend anymore it's always "what are you doing tonight?"

This makes me feel like a dumb-ass because in my mind my plans are your plans too. But as you get older people have separate lives they grow apart. I never thought I could ever imagine growing apart from friends that I have had since the seventh grade let alone letting them go out of my life.

There comes a point if a friend is making you miserable and do things to purposely hurt your feelings you have to step back and think about if this friendship is worth it. People compare their lives to movies or shows and how relationships work on screen myself included. But we need to realize those are fictional nothing is always perfect no matter how great a friendship or relationship is it will never be perfect. So we all need to stop comparing ourselves to others because it can rob us of our own freedom.

Letting go of a friend is kind of like a break up and although I don't want to break up with my best friend but I have realized she doesn't deserve the title best friend anymore.It doesn't mean she won't be in my life it just means she won't know the insider scoop of my life. And that's okay it's not her fault with life things change constantly and we have to decide what works for us best in that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment